Monday 17 March 2014

Introduction

My name is Mushala Ahmad from Malaysia. I am a Malaysian Government servant and has been awarded scholarship to pursue my studies by Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) a Malaysian Government Agency. This is my first semester in Masters of Educational Leadership and also my first time being here at Australia.
I had been working as a mathematics teacher in secondary school since 2001 organized by MARA. In 2009 I had been given responsibility to be head of mathematics department until early June 2013 before got transferred to another school as Deputy Principal of Academic Affairs. In my position, I had to get involved in planning, organizing, coaching, mentoring & managing teachers' programs & students performance as well. I also had to monitoring students' achievement in academic, planning with my team to schedule students' programs through out a year to achieve the best result in academic and in their lives as well and get the best rank among the schools. Now we are trying to focus on developing leaders for our future.
I also had a responsibility to enhance teachers, support and motivate them to upgrade their skills and try to meet teachers and staffs needs especially about their recognition, appraisal and also physically needs. I need some knowledge to manage all these. I believe that from this course, it will help me on my vision to support teachers performance in order to improve quality & teaching quality skills and to lead them to be a leader.
I also choose this course as it give me a bigger perspective for me as a leader and to understand more about issues and concepts of Higher Education. This will give me more chances to get involved in Higher Education for my future profession. After I complete my study here, MARA will assign me to a new position and maybe I will get involved in HE so, definitely I don't want to miss this course.


2 comments: